Friday 16 September 2016

Side Story: A little break for better

Huff..

It's been ages since my last post.. Recently I'm busy with my boy and finishing my little project 😣

And I have plan to rebuild and redesign this blog, my tutorial video and channel. I'm still finding the right characteristic.. So it's also gonna take take time.

Meanwhile, when I got the time (and pictures, sometimes I always forgot to take the process and when I realize my work already done, Gyaaarghh 😨) I'll post some pieces of my little project here. When I have finished it all, maybe I'll redo some of it in tutorial. A request is also welcome and I'll do my best for it 😊

Straight to the pictures ho ho




This french classic style console table is part of my little project. This is also the first time I'm using balsa wood to cut and carve. Surprisingly turns out it's strong enough to hold miniature things and it's really easy to carve and shaping. Although it's too lightweighty and a little bit fragile feelings when touching it, the textures and pattern of the woods is satisfactory. From three types of density, I used the soft one..maybe I'll tried the hard next time



Next task is painting it. Do I just varnish it? Or stain it brown? But then my project theme is for wedding, I want to made it white and a little bit sweet. So my option narrowed to shabby chic. Found some amazing chalk paint tutorial but I don't have any of those plaster of paris at the time. My eyes goes to leftover corn starch used from my last craft..mixed it with acrylic paint..and tada! Is it lovely? Wo ho ho 😳😁

After that I used a little bit of brown paint and scrape it stylishly to make it look a little bit rustic hee hee

That's for now. Next time I'm still updating about the progress of this little project. Thanks for viewing my page and see you again 😙




No comments:

Post a Comment